The Power of Music in America

Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Initial Thoughts: The Arts


The arts are a major part of society's life. The different types of art include music, theatre, and art. These provide information about a person's life while providing entertainment. The arts are very interesting because it is a major way to express one's self. The expression in a one's artwork, song, or play, tells a story. This story provides insight on what the artist is thinking by showing bits in pieces of a his or her life in the artwork. For example, I am a song writer. My main reason for becoming apart of the arts is because it is a way to express my feelings towards a specific person or a specific time in my life. The emotions that are in me are revealed through the lyrics of my song. When I sing those songs to my friends and ask them the feelings they had while listening, they usually tell me about the same feelings that I had while writing it. This shows my friends and family a deeper part of myself. This is only one way the arts are used. They are also used in terms of imagination. Many plays and novels are based off of fiction. The fiction stories are made so their audience can be entertained. It is a way for the audience to get away from reality and their own issues and focus on something else. Being in plays is one of my favorite hobbies because it allows me to pretend and be someone I am not. It is a way that I can escape from my own reality and focus on an alter life, which would be through my character. There are many things that draw people to watching, or being apart of the arts. It is a main way of expression and release of emotions while letting others share in the alternative reality. While helping yourself by using the arts to cope with different emotions, he or she is also helping those who want to escape their own reality and become part of a new and exciting adventure.

0 comments: